Books Change Lives: Ari's top life-changing books
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Ari of Reading In Color sent me a list of her life-changing books, and what a great list it is! Make sure you check back through the month for more life-changing books (I'll be away, but I'll get to a computer at some point!):
1. Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher
2. In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
3. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
4. Skin I'm In by Sharon G. Flake
5. The Absolutely True-Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
6. A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
7. The Watsons Go to Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis
8. Shine, Coconut Moon by Neesha Meminger
9. Tears of a Tiger by Sharon Draper
10. Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith
Ari is the blogger behind the fantastic Reading In Color, where she talks about all sorts of YA books, but in particular with diverse characters - you might have read her guest posts on Justine Larbalestier's blog a little while back, where she recommended awesome books with protagonists of colour. Keep up the great work, Ari!
This guest post is part of Book Change Lives September, on Hey! Teenager of the Year. To read all the guest posts, click here.
Labels: guest posts