- Being filled with a sense of possibility at having your whole life ahead of you. As in, I could do anything! I could be a nail technician or a deep-sea diver or a singer or an actor or I could train dolphins or open a restaurant or be a teacher or an archaeologist or a nudist or all of the above.
- Not having to work a job, and having school holidays! Lots of time off.
- Everyone being nice to you because you're a kid (okay, so not always) and being able to make mistakes.
- Not having all of the responsibility of being an adult, and being supported by your parents.
- Everything feels like it means something. Every crush and every friendship and every moment of your life feels huge and new and fantastic. Of course, there's the reverse where bad things can feel like the end of the world, but the highs make those times worth it.
- Being young is kind of great. I love being healthy and having strong bones and being able to jump and run and things like that. Not all teenagers have that, and elderly people don't, and it's something I'm grateful for and make the most of.
- Everything is so damn profound all the time. It's like when you're driving in the car at night and listening to The Smiths or The Kinks or Radiohead or something and looking at all the headlights and you think, I feel infinite. (Reference! To a book! Which one?)
- Books for teenagers are awesome! Well, duh.
What are the best things about being a teenager?