...is the title* of my novel debuting in Australia & New Zealand this September! You can now add it to your to-read shelf on Goodreads! (It's being pubbed in the US mid-next year.)
Expect a summary soon... if you want to guess what the book's about, feel free to comment and tell me! (Hint: there are no zombies. There are, however, teenaged prodigies, a lobster kidnapping/emancipation and a girl saves a boy's life, as indicated by the title).
I also now have a snazzy author profile on Goodreads. And you can follow me via my Facebook fan page, too! (I'm such a professional.)
And guess what else: I started Hey! Teenager of the Year one year ago today!
In that time I've:
- reviewed 54 books.
- interviewed 23 authors.
- written a book, gotten an agent and a book deal.
- given lots of advice about something I know very little about.
- made a fool of myself. Repeatedly. But then everyone forgot about it. So it was okay.
- turned sixteen. (non-event.)
- been incredibly soppy.
- talked about teen sex, was embarrassed.
- apologised to Bella Swan (didn't really mean it. Okay, maybe I did).
- talked about suicide (I'm kind of startled that I wrote and posted that. It's a confronting topic).
- talked about my writing failures.
*That's definitely the title it will have in Australia & New Zealand. It might be different in the US, and I'll let you know when that title is decided on.
So how's your year been so far?
And what would you guess 'Girl Saves Boy' is about? (No aliens, either, by the way. Or else it would be 'Alien Saves Boy' or 'Girl Saves Alien' and I'm trying to steer clear of plotlines similar to that of X-Files. Not that I don't love X-Files.)